Man Killed By Exploding E-Cigarette

A Texas man has died after an e-cigarette exploded in his face. Authorities say 24-year-old William Brown was using the e-cig in the parking lot outside a vape shop when it blew up, sending fragments into his face and throat.

Doctors say those fragments damaged Brown’s left carotid artery and caused a massive stroke, which killed him. More than 195 cases of e-cigarettes exploding or catching fire were reported between 2009 and 2016.

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

Join 93.7 KCLB at The Gardens on El Paseo February 23rd for the 21st Annual Concert Series presented by Hotel Pase Netflix Reveals First Look at Motley Crue’s The Dirt Why Do Americans Love Ice In Their Drinks But The Brits Don’t? 93.7 KCLB at Fiesta Ford Sunday (2/17) from 1pm-3pm Aerosmith Adding More Dates to Las Vegas Residency Coachella Valley Rain Road Closures
Comments