Effective Immediately, Face Covering Signage Now Required at Business Entrances in the City of Palm Springs.
June 5, 2020
In an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and continue to flatten the curve, the City of
Palm Springs has amended its order regarding face coverings. As amended, the order
requires all businesses, including restaurants, to post signage at entrances advising of the
face-covering and social distancing requirements, effective immediately.
The order requires all people must wear face coverings in the following settings:
• Waiting in line to go inside a store
• Shopping at a store
• Picking up food, or in-person dining at a restaurant (except while seated at a
• Picking up, or in-person shopping for, retail goods at a retail store
• On public transportation (or waiting for it)
• In a taxi or rideshare vehicle
• Seeking healthcare
• Going into facilities allowed to stay open
• Working at a job that interacts with the public
• Children over 2 years of age are encouraged to wear a face-covering when around
others closer than six feet. When they do, they must be supervised by an adult.
Face coverings are NOT required to be worn by people who are:
• At home
• In the car alone or with members of their
• Seated at a table or bar at a restaurant
• Children under the age of 2 years, due to the risk of suffocation
• Outdoors, walking, hiking, bicycling, or running. However, people must comply with
social distancing during these activities, including maintaining at least 6 feet of
distance from other people. People should also have a face-covering readily
• Residents with a health condition whose medical provider has advised against
wearing a face covering and can provide documentation.
Businesses (whether for profit or not for profit) must:
• Require their workers, contractors, owners, and volunteers to wear a face-covering
at the workplace and when performing work off-site;
• Post a sign at a conspicuous location at each entrance to the business advising of
the requirement to wear face coverings and practice social distancing;
• Take reasonable steps to keep people who are not wearing a face covering from
entering the business; and
• Refuse service to anyone not wearing a face covering.
All people are required to social distance by maintaining a six-foot separation from all
persons except for members of their same household and medical providers with the
appropriate personal protection equipment.
Photo by Alpha Media USA Portland OR